Sunday 25 December 2011

Love Poem: my promise


Have I not fulfilled my promise for you?
Across thousands of miles, against the impossible odds
I am now about a heartbeat away from you

I am all bruised and wounded but that doesn’t matter
What is, is the fact that I am now standing in front of you
looking into your eyes, somehow appealing,
saying without words that I am here

Here, yet I have not arrived
My journey requires one more step
a step that is no longer mine to take

Will you look into my eyes and reach out your hands to hold me?
Or will you let me drift endlessly out to the horizon?
My love, you are my destination.
Let me arrive so we could start anew.
All it takes to let me know is your warm embrace.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
apidexin Online Marketing Free Web Directory Web Directories Web Directories